Thursday, October 16, 2008

Small Business Lessons Played out on TV

My new favorite show is "We Mean Business," starring the winner of the first season of The Apprentice, Bill Rancic. But he's not the reason I love the show.

I love it because it features small businesses that are struggling - really struggling - and documents the show's three experts explaining to the owner(s) how to turn things around. Of course, not many owners actually want to make changes - they just want business to get better doing things THEIR way. Which is where it gets entertaining.

As a big fan of small business, I appreciate any media that is willing to shine the spotlight on brave entrepreneurs. And as a problem-solver and consultant myself, I also like seeing how others would approach the challenging situations they uncover. But as a drama junkie, it's also fun to see Bill's expression when the small business owner disagrees with the recommended solutions.

Tune in Saturday mornings at 10:00 am on A&E for some business entertainment.

No comments: